By the time I recognize this moment, this moment will be gone

Thursday, July 1, 2010 | |





So the pictures above are all super old, but that is the pace im moving at these days lol. All of them are from Vico on our second morning there, heading to the bus to go to Pompeii.

The top picture is of deliciousness. Yesterday morning I diverged from my usual morning walk and went to a cafe that Lanny recommended for hot chocolate. You can probably tell from the pic (sorry, cell phone pic) that it is think, you have to eat it with a spoon, it's almost like when you make pudding and it's still hot. It is rich and made with more like dark chocolate, and it is amazing. I want to live in that glass. I also think people in American NEED to know about this. I guess I'm going to have to open a cafe...

This weekend is Fourth of July weekend, I can't believe it's already here. Summers at home make it feel like forever to get to the Fourth, this year it's gone by so quickly. Tomorrow I am headed to Florence for the day to buy gifts and scout out places for Jordan and I to go upon our return. Sunday there is a huge antique market in Assisi that I'm going to try and hit, buses permitting, and UGA is hosting a pig roast here at the school on Sunday complete with karaoke, which is always a horrible idea. Somewhere along the line I have another book to finish, looks like I'm going to have a fun Friday night!

In other news, I'm going to try next week and get out and do some night photography. I've never tried painting with light and I think here would be a super cool place to give it a try. I've already been looking at cameras haha, the one I have is probably going to require some repairs soon and therefore I don't trust it. As much as I like the D700, the D300s has video, and after all the fun I had with the stop motion project, I would kind of like to play around with the video. But I've got to look at the differences, ISO handling is obviously important to me and I know some of the models have improved more than others...

Today is fun friday! I don't know what that means other than Melissa brings pastries to our first class. But on the flipside I have to go to art history which means it's not fun friday to me...

Next post: Pictures of my first book project!

0 comments:

Leave Comments Here

About This Blog

Followers